PhD Scientist (m/f/d) Non-Conventional Yeast Strain Engineering
Who are we
As a biotechnology company, we at Insempra don’t just hope for a better future, we actively work for it!
For way too long, companies have relied on chemical production processes, depleting our planet’s limited resources. That’s why we are on a mission to create a world with naturally high-quality products, resulting in a balance between humans and our planet.
On the way to a better world, we are currently accompanied by a team of 30 passionate scientists, entrepreneurs and visionaries with rebel hearts – but we are still missing one important person: you!
For our office directly at the IZB Campus in Munich/Martinsried we are looking for a PhD Scientist (m/f/d) who is experienced in engineering non-conventional yeasts. Does this sound like your next step?
- A cutting-edge scientific project working to provide sustainable alternatives to produce ingredients
- You will be part of a dynamic start-up where your ideas are highly appreciated making a real difference for the environment and society
- You will take on a meaningful function with access to a fully-equipped lab, cutting edge technology and a lot of room for personal development
- Practical real-world experience and the opportunity to collaborate with a team of experts in strain engineering who are dedicated to supporting you in your research
- You will be part of an international team with an open feedback culture, flat hierarchies, short decision-making processes and English as a working language
- You will receive an Eden Red (44€/month) employee card
For this position you will perform the following duties:
- Engineering of non-conventional yeast strains, including oleaginous yeasts, to produce high value molecules and utilize sustainable feedstocks using modern molecular cloning techniques and strain recombineering and integration methods
- Optimization and development of methods and tools as needed
- Culture and evaluate constructed yeast strains in small scale
Coordinate work across internal and external partners to achieve milestones, reliably document and store data and results and clearly communicate updates
- Ph.D. in Metabolic or Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Molecular or Synthetic Biology or related field
- Strong hands-on experience in metabolic engineering or strain engineering of non-conventional yeasts
- Proven critical thinking, problem-solving skills and ability to work flexibly in a dynamic startup
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written) are important as we are a small team and will be working together closely daily
Location: Munich/Martinsried (IZB Campus), approx. 30 min. from Munich main train station (HBF)
Scope: 40 hours/week
Start: possible immediately
Please include a cover letter and your current CV when applying.
For better readability, the masculine form is used in this advertisement. Corresponding terms apply in principle to all genders in the sense of equal treatment. We respect the gender diversity and personal identities of all participants.