Research Associate DSP (m/f/d)
Who are we
As a biotechnology company, we at Insempra don’t just hope for a better future, we actively work for it!
For way too long, companies have relied on chemical production processes, depleting our planet’s limited resources. That’s why we are on a mission to create a world with naturally high-quality products, resulting in a balance between humans and our planet.
On the way to a better world, we are currently accompanied by a team of 30 passionate scientists, entrepreneurs and visionaries with rebel hearts – but we are still missing one important person: you!
For our office directly at the IZB Campus in Munich/Martinsried we are looking for a Research Associate DSP (m/f/d) who is fully in charge of downstream process development and wants to make a difference in the world. Does this sound like your next step?
- You will be part of a dynamic start-up with real added value for the environment and society where your ideas are highly appreciated
- You will take on a meaningful function with access to a fully equipped lab, cutting edge technology and a lot of room for personal development
- Practical real-world experience and the opportunity to collaborate with a team of experts in bioprocess engineering who are dedicated to supporting you in your research
- You will be part of an international team with an open feedback culture, flat hierarchies, short decision-making processes and English as a working language
- You will receive an Eden Red (44€/month) employee card
For this position you will perform the following duties:
- Develop and optimize downstream recovery processes for a variety of products from microbial fermentation broth at laboratory scale
- Analyze and document experiments and coordinate closely with colleagues in Bioprocessing
- Coordinate scale-up to pilot scale and tech transfer to CMOs
- Scout and evaluate new bioprocess technologies, methods and equipment
- Guide and coordinate with our Technical Assistances to execute the practical work
- Minimum of 2-years experience in a process development. For example, in processing of food, or processing of specialty chemicals. Ideally industrial experience in processing of products from microbial fermentations.
- Successfully completed Msc/Ph.D. studies in bioprocess engineering, chemical engineering, or a related field
- Experience with separation processes at lab or pilot scale, process control, data handling and analysis
- Experience in membrane filtration, process simulation, scale-up, and use of DoE methods are valuable for this position
- Proven critical thinking and problem-solving skills, a love of learning and the ability to work flexibly in a dynamic start-up setting
Location: Munich/Martinsried (IZB Campus), approx. 30 min. from Munich main train station (HBF)
Scope: 40 hours/week
Start: possible immediately
For better readability, the masculine form is used in this advertisement. Corresponding terms apply in principle to all genders in the sense of equal treatment. We respect the gender diversity and personal identities of all participants.